Friday, September 21, 2012

Assignment #2: Perforce Branching

As this is my first experience with SCM and version control, I was really eager to see how the end result would be at the end of the assignment, specially after I had branched the project and merged it later. To be honest I was very skeptical about this branching and merging processes. It used to seem to me very complicated, and very subject to error and mistakes. But to my surprise, Perforce handled it quite well. I really liked the Merge Tool. It's as if it has a brain of its own, knowing which lines of code to take from which source -- absolutely amazing!! However, it's very important to always revise what it's doing to make sure there's trouble later.

I really enjoyed this assignment, even though that its programming tasks were made up just for the sake of practicing, but it still served as a good exercise for those who want to review their C# knowledge.

I'm excited and looking forward to put this C# and Perforce knowledge into practice, both in later more difficult assignments, and also hopefully real-world experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment