Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Project #1: Will It Be A Success?

Now that the first phase of the project is over, which was supposed to layout our team's process and plan, I really feel concerned. We've been trying for a week to setup an appointment to Skype, we eventually managed to at the end. A lot of the decisions we needed to take were postponed until we managed to Skype, so I think we were a bit late.

It's understandable that everyone has different priorities. some team members are taking a lot of other classes, and some of them are actually working for long hours every week. This really simulates the real thing I guess, Since most companies will have different projects with different priorities. That made me wonder, how can we put everybody on the same wavelength? Is it done through strict due dates, or through being pushy to everyone?

The team lead position was not easy to decide as well. Everyone says "I can do it, but if someone else want it I'm fine with that". Everyone (including me!) is afraid to impose himself on others, which is a good thing of course. But still, someone had to step in anyway, and that's what happened in our case, someone just volunteered.

What concerns me is that it took a while to setup the basic things, how is it going to be when we actually start the real work and do the unit testings? I believe that everything is difficult at the beginning, and once the basic processes are laid out, everything else flows naturally afterwards. So hopefully it will be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment